In accordance with Article 10 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, we hereby inform you that AFROMAR SERVICIOS LOGISTICOS SL, with tax identification number B98993645 and registered office at Calle Uruguay, 11 · Oficina 107-108 ·
46007 Valencia is responsible for the management and operation of the site afromar.com registered in the COMPANY_REGISTRAL_DATA
If you wish to contact us, you can do so by post at the above address or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
AFROMAR SERVICIOS LOGISTICOS SL is responsible for the processing, as well as for the collection, use, communication, storage and protection of your personal data, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, internal rules and policies or any applicable national regulations.
In compliance with the Organic Law 3/2018 of 5 December, on the Protection of Personal Data and Guarantee of Digital Rights (LOPDGDD), as well as the new General Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, by means of this document, AFROMAR SERVICIOS LOGISTICOS SL
Identity and contact details of the Responsible
Our identifying information:
AFROMAR SERVICIOS LOGISTICOS SL
You can contact us
- By post: Calle Uruguay, 11 · Oficina 107-108 · 46007 Valencia
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By phone: +(34) 960 081 011
- Website: afromar.com
Categories of personal data
We process the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data – Name and surname, ID card or equivalent.
- Administrative data – Company name, address, bank details and contact persons.
- Contact details – E-mail, telephone number and address.
- Digital data – Cookies, IP address, websites and social networks and other data publicly accessible on the Internet, etc.
- Business data – Suppliers, customers, administrators and partners.
- Social media data – public social media profile data of followers and visitors.
- Other data necessary for processing – For more information on the category of personal data in the course of our Business, you can consult our Register of Activities.
How do we collect your data?
We collect information about you from the following sources:
From other tools on the Internet:
- Through our social networks.
From other sources:
- By communicating or interacting with you by telephone, e-mail or other means of contact from our company.
- Through a commercial visit.
- When you visit our facilities.
For more information on the different data collection mechanisms in the development of our activity, you can consult our Register of Activities.
How long do we keep your data? (Retention period)
The data will be kept for as long as there is a commercial, contractual or professional relationship with the data subject and thereafter for the years necessary to comply with the corresponding legal obligations in each case. Without prejudice to the foregoing, they will be kept for as long as they are necessary for the processing and the data subject does not request their deletion.
With regard to accounting and tax documentation, for tax purposes, the accounting books and other books and records required by the applicable tax regulations (personal income tax, VAT, corporate income tax, etc.), as well as the documentary supports supporting the entries recorded in the books (including computer programmes and files and any other supporting documents with tax implications) must be kept for at least the period of time required for tax purposes. ), as well as the documentary supports that justify the entries recorded in the books (including computer programmes and files and any other supporting documents of fiscal significance), must be kept for at least the period during which the Administration has the right to check and investigate and, consequently, to settle the tax debt, in accordance with Articles 66 to 70 of the General Tax Law, which is 4 years.
With regard to accounting and tax documentation, for commercial purposes, books, correspondence, documentation and supporting documents concerning your business, duly ordered as of the last entry made in the books, except for what is established by general or special provisions, this commercial obligation extends to both the obligatory books (income, expenses, investment goods and provisions), as well as the documentation and supporting documents that support the entries recorded in the books (invoices issued and received, tickets, rectifying invoices, bank documents, etc.), according to Article 30 of the Commercial Code, shall be 6 years. ), according to Article 30 of the Commercial Code, shall be 6 years.
For documentation related to goods, the retention period shall be 3 years, thus complying with EU REGULATION N. 952/2013 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 9 October 2013 laying down the Union Customs Code.
For more information on data retention in the course of our business, you can consult our Register of Activities.
To whom do we give your data?
Depending on the purpose of the processing, we may transfer your personal data to different categories of recipients (professionals, entities, collaborators directly related to the Controller, public or tax administrations) with which we have signed collaboration agreements protecting your rights and freedoms in relation to your personal data, all with your express consent in the necessary cases and in compliance with our obligations as Controllers, for more information you can consult our Register of Activities.
We also inform you that your data may be processed by companies belonging to our group for commercial, administrative, statistical and/or financial purposes. For more detailed information, please consult the website www.grupo-alonso.com.
Where do we process your data?
In order to carry out our business we process your personal data in accordance with the conditions set out in this policy, within the European Union (EU).
In principle, this entity does not carry out any international data processing. If necessary, and in those services offered by this entity in which international data transfers are required for the provision of the same, this circumstance will be included in the Specific Conditions of the contract applicable to the service and will be expressly accepted by the client prior to the same.
For more information on where we process data in the course of our business, you can consult our Register of Activities.
For what purposes do we process your data?
Sus datos se recabarán para las operaciones de tratamiento relevantes para las siguientes finalidades:
- Specific treatment in social networks (see section on social networks)
General purposes of our activity:
- (customs formalities, financial management, documentary credits, insurance contract, tax representation, etc.)
- Commercial land, sea and air transport services.
- Administrative and commercial operations related to warehousing and logistics.
- Other services related to Transport, Logistics or Warehousing.
For further information on the purposes of data processing in the course of our business, you can consult our Register of Activities.
You may withdraw your consent at any time free of charge by exercising your rights by sending your request in writing and duly identified by means of a supporting document to our address Calle Uruguay, 11 · Oficina 107-108 ·
46007 Valencia or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of our internal data protection officer. For more detailed information on the exercise of your rights, please consult our Register of Activities.
Why may we process your data? (Legitimation)
The use of your data under the conditions described above is permitted by European and Spanish data protection regulations in accordance with the following legal bases:
- The data subject consented to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specified purposes.
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or for the implementation at his or her request of pre-contractual measures.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation applicable to the controller.
For more information on the legal basis for the processing of data in the course of our business, you can consult our Register of Activities.
What and what are your rights?
Data protection legislation allows you to exercise your rights of access, rectification, opposition, erasure (“right to be forgotten”), restriction of processing, portability and the right not to be subject to individualised decisions before the Data Controller.
Any interested party has the right to be provided, BEFORE their data is collected, with basic information at a first level, in summary form, at the same time and in the same medium in which their personal data is collected and, on the other hand, to be provided with the rest of the information, in a medium more suitable for its presentation and comprehension.
The information to be provided by layers or levels would be as follows:
1st Layer Information
- The identity of the Data Controller.
- What data will be processed.
- For what purpose.
- Where and how they have been obtained.
- The legal basis for the processing.
- Whether the data will be communicated, transferred or processed by third parties.
- The reference to the procedure for exercising rights.
2nd Layer Information
- Contact details of the person responsible. Identity and details of the representative (if any). Contact details of the data protection officer (if any).
- Extended description of the purposes of the processing. Time limits or criteria for data retention. Automated decisions, profiling and logic applied.
- Details of the legal basis for the processing, in cases of legal obligation, public interest or legitimate interest. Obligation or not to provide data and consequences of not providing data.
- Recipients or categories of recipients adequacy decisions, safeguards, binding corporate rules or specific situations applicable.
- How to exercise the rights of access, rectification, erasure and portability of data, and limitation of or opposition to their processing.
- The right to withdraw the consent given.
- Right to complain to the Supervisory Authority.
(The table below indicates what your rights are).
|Right of access||To know which of your data is being processed, for what purpose it is being processed, where the data has been obtained and whether it will be or has been communicated to someone else.|
|Right of rectification||To change inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself|
|Right of cancellation||To cancel your inappropriate or excessive data|
|Right to object||To prevent the processing of your data or to stop the processing of your data but only in the cases provided for by the law|
|Right to restrict processing||To request the suspension of data processing in the cases established by law.|
|Right to data portability||To be able to receive your data provided in a structured, commonly used electronic format and to be able to transmit it to another Controller.|
|Right not to be subject to individualised decisions||In order that no decision is taken about you, which produces legal effects or affects you, based solely on the processing of your data.|
These rights are characterised by the following:
- The exercise of these rights is free of charge.
- You may exercise your rights directly or through a legal representative.
- If the request is submitted by electronic means, the information will be provided by electronic means where possible, unless the data subject requests otherwise.
- Before exercising your rights, we must identify you in order to protect your personal data against fraudulent attempts.
- Your request will be dealt with within one month.
If the requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive (e.g. repetitive nature) the controller may:
- The data controller is obliged to inform you about the means of exercising these rights. These means must be accessible and this right may not be denied on the sole ground that you choose another means.
- If the data controller does not comply with the request, he or she must inform you, within one month at the latest, of the reasons for his or her failure to act and of the possibility of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights described above, you may contact us through our Internal Data Protection Officer:
- By postal address:
AFROMAR SERVICIOS LOGISTICOS SL
Att. Data Protection Officer
Calle Uruguay, 11 · Oficina 107-108 · 46007 Valencia
- Or by e-mail to: email@example.com
If you wish to make a complaint regarding the processing of your data by AFROMAR SERVICIOS LOGISTICOS SL, we inform you that you can contact the Spanish Data Protection Agency, C/ Jorge Juan, 6 28001 Madrid http://www.agpd.es
Cookies are files that are downloaded to your computer to collect standard Internet log information and information about browsing habits. This information is used, for example, to track visitor usage of the website and compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, some first party cookies are necessary to enable the website user’s session to use our services.
AFROMAR SERVICIOS LOGISTICOS SL is present in different media or social networks, such as: LinkedIn, the purpose of the processing of personal data being those established within the terms and conditions applicable to the service. In the event that registration for certain services is carried out by means of personal data associated with a user account, we inform you that certain information contained in your account will be shared. AFROMAR SERVICIOS LOGISTICOS SL reminds you that you should be aware of the privacy policies of those media or social networks in which you are registered in order to avoid sharing unwanted information.
You have the privacy and account management settings on social networks to manage your privacy, identity, advertising and other related preferences.
In the event that registration for certain services is made using personal data associated with a user account, we inform you that we will share certain information contained in your account.
The purposes of the data collected in the different social networks are:
- Advertising and commercial prospecting.
- Management of customer databases that come from campaigns or promotions in the dissemination of our activities and services among our followers.
- Personnel selection / Contact with candidates.
- Communication with clients or interested parties.
Register of Activities
You can request an updated copy of our Register of Activities by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
AFROMAR SERVICIOS LOGISTICOS SL adopts organisational and technical measures in order to guarantee the security of personal data and to avoid its alteration, loss, unauthorised processing or access, taking into account the state of technology, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which they are exposed.
Updated versions will be published on our website.
Applicable law and competent courts
The terms and conditions that govern this web site, as well as the relationships that may arise from it, are protected and subject to Spanish legislation. For the resolution of any type of controversy, dispute or discrepancy that may arise between the user and AFROMAR SERVICIOS LOGISTICOS SL due to the use of this web site, it is agreed to submit the same to the Courts and Tribunals of Valencia, Spain.
Last Update: 08 October 2021